Aircraft engine: PZL Pegasus 20
|Displacement||28.6 l (1745.3 cu in)|
|Weight||456 kg (1005 lb)|
|Maximum power||930 hp|
|Climb power||840 hp at 2,250 RPM|
The engine that powered Poland's most modern combat plane in 1939.
Manufactured by the No.1 Engine Factory in Warsaw-Okęcie on the licence from the British company Bristol. The Pegaz XX was fitted with a supercharger, reduction gear and Motolux, Cloudel-Hobson type AVT 80BZ carburettor. The engine powered De Havilland Hamilton Standard all metal, three blade, dual-position, variable pitch propeller. This type of engine was used in PZL‑37 Łoś (Moose) and PZL‑46 Sum (Catfish) aircraft.
The displayed engine was presented at the Polish Pavillion during the 1939 New York World's Fair. After the outbreak of WW 2, the engine remained in the USA in private hands. In 2006 the exhibit was handed to the Polish Aviation Museum by Witold Dewicki from Fowlerville, Michigan.